THEORYCENTER@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

Show Table of Contents

Arditi, David M
Mon, 22 Apr 2024 10:53:47 +0000
Today!

From: Center for Theory <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Arditi, David M
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2024 6:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Final Colloquium: Benjamin Terry

Colleagues,

Our final colloquium in the “Creativity in Academia,” will be Monday, April 22, 2024 at 12pm in UH 432. Benjamin Terry, Senior Lecturer and Area Coordinator of Painting in the Department of Art and Art History at UTA, will present “The Creative Practice: Academics and Artists.” Professor Terry’s Art Work is currently on display at Galleri Urbane in Dallas. Benjamin Terry will discuss how academia has influenced art, specifically as it pertains to

[More ...]
No Replies
Arditi, David M
Fri, 19 Apr 2024 17:06:04 +0000
Colleagues,

I made this video a couple years ago to promote the Popular Culture Minor. Please share with students. https://websites.uta.edu/centerfortheory/2024/04/19/popular-culture-minor/

Best,
David

David Arditi
Associate Professor of Sociology
Director of the Center for Theory
University of Texas at Arlington
No Replies
Arditi, David M
Tue, 16 Apr 2024 23:57:24 +0000
Colleagues,

Our final colloquium in the "Creativity in Academia," will be Monday, April 22, 2024 at 12pm in UH 432. Benjamin Terry, Senior Lecturer and Area Coordinator of Painting in the Department of Art and Art History at UTA, will present "The Creative Practice: Academics and Artists." Professor Terry's Art Work is currently on display at Galleri Urbane in Dallas. Benjamin Terry will discuss how academia has influenced art, specifically as it pertains to the origin and ubiquity of "artspeak". Additionally, he will reflect on artspeak's impact on his personal studio practice and role as a painting professor. Please circulate

[More ...]
No Replies
Arditi, David M
Wed, 3 Apr 2024 20:08:47 +0000
Colleagues,

All UTA faculty and graduate students are welcome to book the Ben Agger Theory Library. Available times and automated booking can be seen here: https:[log in to unmask] Feel free to book the space!

If you haven't requested to be on the list for library access, make sure you contact me to get you added before the time you book it for. You are also welcome to drop in just about any time if it is available.

[More ...]
No Replies
Arditi, David M
Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:39:07 +0000
Colleagues,

Our final colloquium in the "Creativity in Academia," will be Monday, April 22, 2024 at 12pm in UH 432. Benjamin Terry, Senior Lecturer and Area Coordinator of Painting in the Department of Art and Art History at UTA, will present "The Creative Practice: Academics and Artists." Professor Terry's Art Work is currently on display at Galleri Urbane in Dallas. Benjamin Terry will discuss how academia has influenced art, specifically as it pertains to the origin and ubiquity of "artspeak". Additionally, he will reflect on artspeak's impact on his personal studio practice and role as a painting professor. Please circulate

[More ...]
No Replies
Arditi, David M
Mon, 1 Apr 2024 14:28:15 +0000
Colleagues,

The English Department holds its annual Hermanns Lecture Series this Friday 4/5 from 9am-noon on the 6th floor of the Central Library. This year's theme is around Sound Studies. Please circulate the flyer.

Best,
David

David Arditi
Associate Professor of Sociology
Director of the Center for Theory
University of Texas at Arlington
No Replies
Arditi, David M
Wed, 27 Mar 2024 00:52:56 +0000
Colleagues,

Our next colloquium in the "Creativity in Academia,<https://centerfortheory.uta.edu/2024/01/19/spring-2024-events/>" will be Monday, April 15, 2024 at noon in UH 432. Dr. Natalia Trigo<https://www.uta.edu/academics/faculty/profile?username=trigon>, Assistant Professor of Spanish in the Department of Modern Languages at UTA, will present "Bridging the Gap: Exploring the Synergy Between Creative and Academic Writing<https://websites.uta.edu/centerfortheory/2024/03/26/1214/>." Please circulate to colleagues and graduate students.

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Arditi, David M
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 10:58:21 +0000
Dr. Kathryn Warren Colloquium Today at Noon in UH 432

Our next colloquium the "Creativity in Academia,<https://websites.uta.edu/centerfortheory/2024/01/19/spring-2024-events/>" will be Monday, March 18, 2024 at noon in UH 432. Dr. Kathryn Hamilton Warren<https://www.uta.edu/academics/faculty/profile?username=kwarren>, Distinguished Senior Lecturer of English at UTA, will present "Creative Criticism<https://websites.uta.edu/centerfortheory/2024/03/04/kathryn-warren-colloquium/>." Mark your calendars. Please circulate to people you think may be interested in attending.

[More ...]
No Replies
Arditi, David M
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 17:32:05 +0000
Colleagues,

Our next colloquium the "Creativity in Academia,<https://websites.uta.edu/centerfortheory/2024/01/19/spring-2024-events/>" will be Monday, March 18, 2024 at noon in UH 432. Dr. Kathryn Hamilton Warren<https://www.uta.edu/academics/faculty/profile?username=kwarren>, Distinguished Senior Lecturer of English at UTA, will present "Creative Criticism<https://websites.uta.edu/centerfortheory/2024/03/04/kathryn-warren-colloquium/>." Mark your calendars. Please circulate to people you think may be interested in attending.

Best,
David

David Arditi
Associate Professor of Sociology
Director of the Center for Theory
University of Texas at Arlington
No Replies
Arditi, David M
Mon, 5 Feb 2024 12:40:23 +0000
Please join us today for the first colloquium of the semester with Dr. Amy Tigner.
David

From: "Arditi, David M" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: 2/13/19 9:26 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Colloquium Monday 2/18

Hello Everyone,

Just a reminder that Robert Young, Professor of Sociology, will be presenting for this semester's first Colloquium on Monday, February 18. The talk entitled "Perceiving the Moral and the Immoral" will be held in 432 University Hall at Noon. Please spread the word and

[More ...]
No Replies
Arditi, David M
Sun, 17 Feb 2019 17:48:34 +0000
Monday's Colloquium will be in University Hall 418 instead of 432. Just down the hall.

David Arditi
Associate Professor of Sociology
Director, Center for Theory
University of Texas at Arlington