BATRAINING Archives

OCI Knowledge Services Announcements

BATRAINING@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
Connie S Bynum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:42:17 -0500
DEFINE is an electronic communication of class schedules, announcements
and updates regarding DEFINE, the on-line accounting system.  It is
distributed by the Office of Accounting and Business Services, DEFINE
Education and Training.  Subscriptions are free and may be placed by
following the instructions at the end.  If you have received this message
from [log in to unmask], then you are already subscribed.
Subscriptions may also be removed by following the instructions at the end.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

1.If you were experiencing problems approving documents on 14 accounts,
please try again.  The funds checker has been removed for the 14 accounts.

2.  VP2  Request Payment Date Field
A requested payment date may be entered to schedule a payment earlier than
the Scheduled payment date. If you choose a      requested payment date, the
system will prompt you to enter a reason for early payment. Checks are
printed each Thursday,      therefore, the requested payment MUST be a
Thursday date.  If the document is received in Accounting with a date other
than a Thursday, it will be returned for correction.

3.VP2's Returned at Fiscal Year End
> This message pertains to VP documents that were automatically recalled or
> returned to the creators because final approval had not occurred by
> 8/31/99.
>
> ***   If you do not have a returned/recalled document in your   ***
> ***   YB2 inbox, you may disregard this message.                ***
>
> Numerous changes have been made to VP documents in order to comply with
> the Prompt Payment Act (PPA), which went into effect on September 1st.
> The following VP document was affected:
>
>                        VP2
>
> We have learned that the PPA modifications are causing problems for the
> returned documents that cannot be corrected by on-line updates.  NOTE:
> You will not be able to read the NOTES on the Document.  If you are
> encountering problems, please follow these procedures:
>
> 1.  Print (PRT) the existing document to a local printer for reference.
>
> 2.  Delete (DEL) the document.
>
> 3.  Create (NEW) a new document, and complete as usual.
>
> 4.  Print (PRT) the cover sheet of the new document, and reference the
>     OLD document ID on it.  Forward this cover sheet to the appropriate
>     processing office, where the original documentation, if available
>     may be matched to the new document.
>
> If you experience problems processing your documents, please contact
> Office of Accounting at 2167 and your problems will be addressed as soon
> as possible.  For more information on the PPA implementation, please refer
> to this web page
> for Frequently Asked Questions:
>
>     http://www.utexas.edu/business/accounting/ap/promptpayfaq.html
>
> You can also refer to the following glossary terms in *DEFINE (PF10):
>
>    Prompt Payment Act                                 Payment Due Date
>    Interest Control                                   Receive Date
>    Invoice Receive Date                               Requested Payment
> Date
>    Invoice Number

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
To subscribe to DEFINE, send an electronic mail message to
[log in to unmask]  In the body of the message type the
following:

subscribe define your-full-name

There is no charge to subscribe.  The information can also be found on
the World Wide Web at http://listserv.uta.edu/archives/define.html.

To remove yourself from DEFINE, send an electronic mail message to
[log in to unmask]  In the body of the message type the
following:

signoff define

An on-line interactive subscription page for joining and leaving the list is
located at http://listserv.uta.edu/archives/define.html