IO-L Archives

UTA International Office

IO-L@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
"Bauman, Courtney" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UTA International Office <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:25:36 -0500
DISSERTATION RESEARCH / SEEKING FEMALE SPOUSES OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
***if you are an international student, please forward this information to
your partner or spouse - thank you very much***

Dear Spouses and Partners of International Students,

My name is Monica Bigler, and I am an Swiss international student at the
University of Florida where I am completing my doctoral degree in
counseling psychology. I came to the US as a spouse of an international
student myself and have been a student since 1998.

I am conducting a research study to understand the experience of spouses
and partners of international students while living in the United
States. The study consists of an anonymous online survey and has been
approved the University of Florida Institutional Review Board. I am
requesting your participation in this research, which will involve
approximately 30-45 minutes to fill out an online questionnaire. I very
much appreciate the time you take to share your thoughts and
perceptions.The results of this study will be used to help design
services for spouses of international students.

If you are a female spouse of an international student and 18 years old
or older, your participation is greatly appreciated.  Please go to the
following web address and complete the survey packet:

http://survey.psych.ufl.edu/bigler

If you have any questions regarding the research study, please email or
call me at (352) 359-0322.

Thank you very much for your assistance with this research.

Sincerely,

Monica Bigler, M.S., MAMC
Doctoral Candidate
Department of Psychology