IO-L Archives

UTA International Office

IO-L@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
Julie A Uzdavinis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UTA International Office <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:13:09 -0500
NEW PROCEDURES FOR THE OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION - REVISED FOR FALL
2004

In order to more effectively assist students this fall semester, the Office
of International Education has expanded its walk-in hours so that advisors
are available more often to students.  Please see below for the new
schedule:

Monday  10am-1pm and 2-5pm
Tuesday 2-5pm
Wednesday       10am-1pm and 2-5pm
Thursday        10am-1pm and 2-5pm
Friday          10am-1pm and 2-5pm

Beginning on Monday, August 2, 2004, an immigration advisor will be
available to answer phone calls or immigration questions on a first-come,
first-served walk-in basis during the times listed above. Please note that
for the other periods, students will always have the option of obtaining
information from the OIE website (www.uta.edu/oie), obtaining printed
information in the Office of International Education, or emailing the Office
of International Education with questions ([log in to unmask]).
Please Note: Many immigration requests and questions do not need to be
handled by an advisor, such as: Requests for Expense Letters, Travel
Signatures, Invitation Letters, Social Security Letters, Concurrent
Enrollment, Payment Request Forms and Human Resources Letters, Enrollment
Verification Letters, and general questions related to employment or
immigration procedures.
Picking Up and Dropping Off Forms and Applications. An advisor is not needed
if the student is merely coming to pick up documents or turning in
applications for Transfer, Waivers, Extensions, Change of Status,
Reinstatement, Employment Applications. The advisor handling your
application will contact you and/or your advisor directly if needed before
the application is processed.
All requests will take a minimum of 3 business days. Please plan
accordingly. The Office of International Education will contact you by email
or phone when your documents are ready.
EXCEPTIONS.  The only exceptions to the above mentioned scheduled will occur
during our orientation dates for new international students.  On the
following dates advisors will be not be available (except for emergencies)
during advising hours:  August 6, 10, 13, 17.  On Monday, August 23rd,
advisors will not be available during 10am-1pm due to our Late Arrival
Orientation that day; advisors will be available from 2-5pm that afternoon.
The Office of International Education is open from 8am to 5pm, Monday to
Friday. We are located in the Lower Level of the U.C. You may call the
Office of International Education at (817) 272-2355, visit our website at
www.uta.edu/oie or email us at [log in to unmask]
Thank you for your attention to this new schedule.  Have a great week!
Regards,
Julie Uzdavinis
International Education Advisor
The University of Texas at Arlington