IO-L Archives

UTA International Office

IO-L@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
"Holmer, Julie" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UTA International Office <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:48:28 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I WEEK is NEXT WEEK!!!

And Grand Opening is on Monday, April 7th!!!

Each year, we have more than 130 countries represented! This year, however,
participation is EXTREMELY low!
We only have the following banners requested:
Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Egypt, Germany, Guatemala,
India, Iran, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Panama,
Peru, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UK, USA, Vietnam,
Zambia

Total of only 27!!!

Please, consider carrying a banner!

Don't leave your or any country without representation!!!

To request to carry a banner, you will have to complete the following
application:

http://www2.uta.edu/iso/applications/GrandOpeningApp08.doc and email it
back to me at [log in to unmask]
You can also find/submit the application at the ISO Meeting or the Swift
Center at UTA, where the Office of International Education is located:)))

IMPORTANT: You do not have to be from the country, whose banner you are
carrying! It is required that you come for the rehearsal on Sunday, April 6. It's
at the Bluebonnet Ballroom and starts at 12:00pm.

NOTE: Wearing traditional clothes at the parade is strongly encouraged!:)

~ The Parade of Banners will be accompanied again by the UTA Brazilian
Samba Band!
~ It starts in the University Center; continues around UTA campus; stops by
the Library Mall where Dr. Alan Saxe has been invited to speak; and finally
ends in the Bluebonnet Ballroom, U.C.
~ Performers:
UTA Dance Ensemble
Filipino Student Association
~ Refreshments will be served in the Bluebonnet Ballroom, U.C.
~ Door prizes!

FYI: I created a Grand Opening Event Page on Facebook, so check it out!
http://uta.facebook.com/event.php?eid=8399498521

Please, reply ASAP!!!

--
Katina Vassileva