IO-L Archives

UTA International Office

IO-L@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
"Bauman, Courtney" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UTA International Office <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:03:51 -0500
Hello!

I-Week 2007 is coming up in only one week.  We would love to have your
support and we really need your help.  One of the easiest and best ways to
help with I-Week and to promote our rich culture here at UTA is to carry a
country banner during the Opening Ceremony on Monday, April 2nd at 12pm
starting at the UC.  There are still more than 60 countries with banners
that need to be carried.  You'll find a list below.  If you're interested
in carrying a banner, please contact Tin([log in to unmask]) or Courtney
([log in to unmask]), and we'll be happy to get you signed up.  Sign up now so
you'll be sure to get the country you want.  PS. It isn't necessary to be
from a country to carry its banner.  And of course Americans are welcome to
participate too, so invite all of your friends to help out -- foreign and
domestic!

We also need several volunteers to help out with the Global Extravaganza on
Friday, April 6th from 6pm to 10pm.  If you're interested in volunteering
for this event, please contact Marya at [log in to unmask]

Help make International Success and have a lot of fun doing it!

For more I-Week information, check out ISO's website:
http://www2.uta.edu/iso/

Here is the list of country banners still needed to be carried:
1. Algeria
2. Argentina
3. Australia
4. Austria
5. Bahrain
6. Bolivia
7. Bulgaria
8. Brazil
9. Canada
10. Cayman Islands
11. Chad
12. Colombia
13. Cuba
14. Czech Replubic
15. Dem. Of Congo
16. Ecuador
17. Elsavador
18. Ethiopia
19. Finland
20. France
21. Gambia
22. Ghana
23. Germany
24. Greece
25. Honduras
26. Hungary
27. Indonesia
28. Iraq
29. Ireland
30. Israel
31. Italy
32. Jamaica
33. Jordan
34. Kenya
35. Kuwait
36. Laos
37. Lebanon
38. Malawi
39. Malaysia
40. Mexico
41. Morocco
42. Nepal
43. Nigeria
44. Norway
45. Panama
46. Peru
47. Philippines
48. Portugal
49. Puerto Rico
50. Qatar
51. Romania
52. Russia
53. Saudi Arabia
54. Singapore
55. South Africa
56. Sweden
57. Switzerland
58. Syria
59. Turkey
60. United Arab Emirates

Feel free to email or call with any questions, and we look forward to
seeing you at International Week!

All the best!

Courtney Bauman
Program Coordinator