IO-L Archives

UTA International Office

IO-L@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
"Bauman, Courtney" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UTA International Office <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:08:01 -0600
Dear International Students,

I hope that you all enjoyed your winter holiday and that those of you who
are new to UTA are enjoying your first freezing days in Texas.

Here are some updates on some upcoming OIE events and programs.

„X       We¡¦ll be hosting orientations for the Link International Friendship
Program on Tuesday, January 23rd and Wednesday January 24th at 6pm in the
Swift Center.  If you¡¦re interested in being matched with an American to
share culture and language, then please come to an orientation.  If you
can¡¦t make it Tuesday or Wednesday, then contact me to schedule another
time.  You can get a Link Application on the OIE website or in the Office
of International Education.

„X The first Global Grounds Coffee Hour of the year is next Thursday,
January 25th from 4pm to 5:30pm in the Palo Duro Lounge, UC.  Come for free
coffee and chai and great conversation!  Global Grounds is every other
Thursday.  Check the OIE website for dates.

„X The first Transitions International Student Discussion group
meeting is Tuesday, January 30th from 5 to 6pm in the Blanco, UC.  Everyone
and every topic are welcome!  Transitions is held every Tuesday.

„X The first International Spouses Club meeting is Tuesday, January 30
from 2pm to 3:30pm in the Swift Center.  Please invite any international
spouses or significant others you know.  Spouses Club is every other
Tuesday.  Check the OIE website for dates.

Have a great semester and we hope to see you at our OIE events!

Courtney Bauman
International Program Coordinator
817.272.2355