IO-L Archives

UTA International Office

IO-L@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
Julie A Uzdavinis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UTA International Office <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:38:29 -0500
Today, April 15, the Federal Register published the final rule authorizing a
change in fees for immigration applications. The new fees are effective
April 30. Applications or petitions mailed, postmarked or otherwise filed on
or after this date require the new fee.  The changes in the fees for the
forms used in applications most frequently by international students are:
Form I-765 (used for OPT applications) will go from $120 to $175
Form I-539 (used for reinstatement or change of status applications) will go
from $140 to $195
The other fees and forms are only occasionally used by students, like
replacement of a lost I-94 card. All fees have increased for the H-1B and
permanent residence forms as well.  A complete listing of all new fees can
be found at
http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/USCISFeeStructure.pdf.
If you have not yet filed your OPT application, or if you need to send in a
reinstatement or change of status application (and you have all the
documents required for submission) please be sure to come by the
International Office as soon as possible so that we can send in your
application before April 30th.  Again, the applications must be mailed,
postmarked or otherwise filed before April 30th in order to be able to pay
the old fees.
Thank you,
Julie Uzdavinis
International Program Coordinator