IO-L Archives

UTA International Office

IO-L@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
Julie A Uzdavinis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UTA International Office <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:01:17 -0500
ANNOUNCEMENT - NEW FEES FOR IMMIGRATION APPLICATIONS

On April 30, new fees for I-765 (OPT and Need-based Employment) and
I-539(Change of Status and Reinstatement) forms will be effective:

I-765: New Fee   $175
I-539: New Fee  $195

Last Date to Submit Complete I-765 Applications to International Office with
Old Fee of $120 is Tuesday, April 27, 5 pm.  All complete and valid
applications received by that date will be processed and mailed by the
International Office on Thursday, April 29. If a new I-20 is required and
the student has not returned to the International Office to sign it by Wed,
April 28, the application will still be mailed to immigration. Such students
are at risk, however, in having their application returned by the
adjudicating officer, thus delaying the EAD by several weeks.

Last Date to Submit Complete I-539 Applications Requiring a New, Signed I-20
to the International Office with the Old Fee of $140 is Friday, April 23,
5PM. The I-539 form for Change of Status to F-1 or F-2 or for Reinstatement
requires an original, signed I-20. Time is needed for the International
Office to produce the I-20 and then for the student to return to the
International Office to sign the new I-20. Such applications received by the
International Office after Friday, April 23, must have the new fee attached.

Julie Uzdavinis
International Program Coordinator
The University of Texas at Arlington
International Office