IO-L Archives

UTA International Office

IO-L@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
"Bauman, Courtney" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UTA International Office <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 10:59:05 -0500
Hello from OIE!

I know you’re all probably concentrating on surviving the spring semester
and haven’t even begun to think about fall, but I wanted to catch you
before you take off to your various corners of the world for summer.

International Peer Advisor Applications for Fall 2007 are available now
online at http://www.uta.edu/oie.  You can also pick them up at the Office
of International Education in the Swift Center, 1022 UTA Blvd.

International Peer Advisors are volunteers who help organize and run New
International Student Orientations.  Serving as an International Peer
Advisor is a great way to meet new students and to share some of the wisdom
you've acquired during your time at UTA.  I'm sure that you all remember
what it felt like to come to UTA as a new student.  It's nice to see a
friendly face, and it can be extremely helpful to talk to someone who's
been in your shoes.  So, help out your fellow international students and
serve as a Peer Advisor!

Duties of an International Peer Advisor:
•        Meet new international students at orientation
•        Help students adjust to life in the U.S.
•        Assist students with their paperwork
•        Participate in various orientation sessions
•        Coordinate a luncheon
•        Answer individual questions

The deadline to turn in the application is Friday, June 29, so you’ve got
plenty of time.  You can email or fax your applications to me
(817.272.5005) or you can drop them off at the Office of International
Education in the Swift Center, 1022 UTA Blvd.

For more information about becoming a Peer Advisor go to
http://www.uta.edu/oie/programs/peer_advisor.php, or give me a call:
817.272.2355.

Good luck with finals, and have a great summer!

Happy trails,

Courtney

Courtney Bauman

Program Coordinator