IO-L Archives

UTA International Office

IO-L@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
Julie A Uzdavinis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UTA International Office <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:06:44 -0600
Good afternoon,

Following are the upcoming events this week through the International
Office:

Monday, March 22, 2004
OPT Seminar, 2-3pm, Red River, U.C.
Please join us in this informative seminar about Optional Practical
Training.

Upcoming Events:
Our 27th Annual International Week is coming March 29-April 2, 2004.  See
below for our calendar of events:

Monday, March 29th
Grand Opening Ceremony and Parade of Flags
11:45am Nedderman Hall, Hall of Flags, Dedication of New Flags, Dr. Lynn
Peterson
12:00pm Library Mall, Opening Remarks, President Spaniolo
12:15pm Bluebonnet Ballroom, U.C.,  Opening Remarks, Mayor Robert Cluck
2-4pm Exhibits, Bluebonnet Ballroom, U.C.
Study Abroad Photo Contest Display, 9-11AM; 12-1 PM, The Gallery, U.C.

Tuesday, March 30th
Food Fair, 11:30am-1:30pm, U.C. Mall
Exhibits, 2-4pm, Bluebonnet Ballroom, U.C.
Study Abroad Photo Contest Display, 2-5pm, The Gallery, U.C.

Wednesday, March 31st
Fashion Show, 7-9pm, Bluebonnet Ballroom, U.C.
Exhibits, 11-1pm, Bluebonnet Ballroom, U.C.
Phi Beta Delta Induction (by invitation only, please), 4-6pm, Rio Grande,
U.C.
Study Abroad Photo Contest Display, 9-11AM; 12-1 PM, The Gallery, U.C.

Thursday, April 1st
Study Abroad Photo Contest Display, 2-5pm, The Gallery, U.C.
Exhibits, 2-4pm, Bluebonnet Ballroom, U.C.

Friday, April 2nd
Soccer Tournament, 9:30am-1:00pm Blue Gym, Activities Building
9:30am:    IMACS vs. Sri Lankan Student Association
10:30am:   Iranian Students vs. winner game I (IMACS vs. Sri Lankan Student
Association)
11:00am:  Turkish Students Association vs. Indian Students Association
11:30am:  Playoff Game I (winner of Iranian Students Society vs. IMACS or
Sri Lanka)
12:00pm:  Playoff Game II (winner of Turkish Students Association vs. Indian
Students Association)
1:00pm:   Championship Game (winner of playoff game I and playoff game II)
Study Abroad Photo Contest Display, 9-11AM; 12-1 PM, The Gallery, U.C.

Other Updates:
There are a few apartments available immediately through the Housing Office
on a first-come, first-served basis.  There will be a waiting list, but be
sure and call the Housing Office at 817.272.2791 (ask for Elaine or
Stephanie) to sign up.

Julie Uzdavinis
International Program Coordinator
The University of Texas at Arlington