MSMR-GRADS Archives

MSMR Alumni/ae List

MSMR-GRADS@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
John Bassler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Bassler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:12:16 -0600
All:

As you know (I hope), Friday's speaker is Todd Walls, VP of Research at The
Buxton Company.  He is going to talk about how Buxton uses geo-coding and
other data analyses to advise retail clients on outlet location decisions.
To lead into this, he's going to do something really cool.  In his own
words,

        I would like to geo-code and apply segmentation codes to the
students.  The students will learn about segmentation and know exactly how
they are currently coded.  I will distribute the students' actual
segmentation description in hard copy.

To permit him to do this, I have provided Todd with our current students'
home addresses.  If those of you who are not current students would like to
be part of this exercise, email me your home address by 2:00 p.m. tomorrow
and I will send all I get on to Todd.  (Actually, our student Katie Pollock,
who works at Buxton, is going to do the work.)

Remember, the Forum begins at 5:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 1, in room 609 in the
Business Building at UTA.  Todd's talk will run until 6:30, at which time we
will adjourn to the room next door for an informal reception.

See you there!

John

John Bassler, Ph.D.
Director, MSMR Program