MSMR-GRADS Archives

MSMR Alumni/ae List

MSMR-GRADS@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
John Bassler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Bassler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:16:12 -0600
All:

I am very pleased to be able to let you know that Progress Energy Service
Company has several positions open for persons knowledgeable in primary
marketing research-to wit, our alumni!  Progress Energy Inc. is the holding
company for Carolina Power and Light, Florida Power, and North Carolina
Natural Gas.  The service company comprises a number of support functions,
including strategic planning and marketing research.  David Fruend, a member
of our Advisory Board, heads the marketing research function, and is the one
who is looking for a few good practitioners.

The positions in question range from masters-degree entry-level to upper
mid-level; salaries would range accordingly from around $55,000 annually to
perhaps as much as $70,000.  All jobs would be based in Raleigh, NC.  The
advantage of knowing about these opportunities now is that the position
descriptions can, to some degree, be tailored to the person hired-so you can
have a job that really fits well!

If you want to learn more about these opportunities, please contact David.
His phone # is 919-546-2884; his eddress is [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .  Also, Prof. Mark Peterson has worked
closely with David on various energy-marketing matters and cold probably
provide helpful information about that environment.

John Bassler, Ph.D.
Director, MSMR Program
The University of Texas at Arlington
(817) 272-2340