SOCI-L Archives

Sociology Students

SOCI-L@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
Suzanne Baldon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sociology Students <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 09:13:00 -0500
Here is a stimulating and immediately vital Sociology course being offered
this summer:

CONTEMPORARY SOCIAL ISSUES
Summer I   2001

Consider enrolling in an exciting Sociology course, SOCI 2312, Contemporary
Social Issues, during Summer I.  The course will be taught by Ben Agger.  We
will discuss crucial social problems, such as crime, drugs, health care,
challenges facing American families, poverty, issues of schooling, the
threatened environment, racism, and sexism.

The course will meet from 8:00 am to 10:00 am Monday through Thursday during
Summer I, in UH 001.  We will read Crisis in American Institutions, edited
by Skolnick and Currie.

There are no prerequisites for this course.

If you have any questions about the course, please contact Ben Agger at
[log in to unmask] or at 817-272-2640.