THEORYCENTER Archives

Center for Theory

THEORYCENTER@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

Center for Theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:05:14 -0800
here's the Story of the Day
Egyptians Order Pizza for Wisconsin Protesters

In an act of intercontinental solidarity, an Egyptian has ordered a
pizza for Wisconsin protesters, reports
Politico<http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49888.html#ixzz1EXkqdxcu>.
The call from Africa is just one of many streaming into the Madison,
Wisc., pizza parlor Ian's from all over the world. So far, people from
12 countries and 38 states have rung up looking to help get free pizza
to the Wisconsin protesters clustered in the Capitol. On Saturday,
Ian's distributed more than 1,000 free slices and sent 300 pizzas to
the Capitol. The trend continued on Sunday, as staff member fielded
calls from as far away as Turkey, Korea, Finland, China, and
Australia. The trend began when a mother of a University of Wisconsin
student called in offering to donate $200 to feed the people occupying
the Capitol. The pizza chain's postings on Twitter and Facebook soon
led to so many donations that they had to shut down on Saturday night.

Read original story in
Politico<http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49888.html#ixzz1EXkqdxcu> |
Monday, Feb. 21, 2011