THEORYCENTER Archives

Center for Theory

THEORYCENTER@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
Enid Arvidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Center for Theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:22:46 -0600
PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY!

LEFT FORUM 2006 is less than a month away!

Join many of the world's leading left thinkers and activists for an
important, engaging weekend of political commentary and debate. LEFT
FORUM takes place from March 10-12 at Cooper Union. The program
schedule is available at:
www.leftforum.org

Register early and save time and money at www.leftforum.org

Friday night's Opening Plenary, moderated by WBAI's Deepa Fernandes,
"Challenges to Empire," will feature Chico Whitaker (Brazil), François
Houtart (Belgium), Bill Fletcher Jr. (USA), Aníbal Quijano (Peru) and
Heike Hänsel (Germany) discussing recent developments in Latin
American, global social movements, political struggles around the world
and the implications to US hegemony.

Throughout the weekend, social movement activists, left intellectuals,
artists and organizers will debate the pressing political questions we
are facing: How can we end the war in Iraq and combat the permanent war
at home? How can we integrate struggles for racial justice, gender
equality, immigrant rights and sexual freedom with a battle against
capitalist globalization and destruction of workers' gains and
organizations? How can the US Left, the health of which impacts left
movements around the world, rise from fragmentation to organize for an
alternative future here?

We urge you to join the dialogue, March 10-12 at Cooper Union in New
York City.

In Solidarity,

Stanley Aronowitz
Eric Canepa