THEORYCENTER Archives

Center for Theory

THEORYCENTER@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
Enid Arvidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Center for Theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:55:19 -0600
This is sponsored by the Bruin Alumni Association, a whole different
baby than the official UCLA Alumni Association.

By the way, I was recently red-baited by not a UTA alum but a UTA
adjunct faculty, Tom Rethard (one can only imagine how to pronounce
this last name), of Computer Science (http://trethard.uta.edu/). He
sent me two emails in Fall 05 asking if I was going to lead an
organized protest against the emblem on this year's parking hang tag --
a red star -- which, he said, is a symbol of the USSR. He said he was
sure I would want to do this since I had started a protest against the
emblem on the parking hang tag that came out after 9/11/01 -- that
year's had an american flag on it -- and he thought I would want to
show balance.

Enid

---
Enid Arvidson, PhD
Associate Professor and Advisor for the PhD in Urban Planning and
Public Policy
School of Urban and Public Affairs
University of Texas
Arlington, TX 76019