THEORYCENTER Archives

Center for Theory

THEORYCENTER@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
Ben Agger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Center for Theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 09:22:57 -0600
Dear participants,

I am organizing a summer I reading group around a summer I grad course that
I will be teaching.  The course is crosslisted as Soc 5341.006 and Engl
5330.001.  The course/reading-discussion group will address central issues
of 'critical theory and cybersociety.'  The readings might include Nick
Dyer-Witheford's 1999 (U of Illinois Press) Cyber-Marx:  Cycles and Circuits
of Struggle in High-Technology Capitalism, Derrida's Specters of Marx and
occasional papers and working papers by Doug Kellner, Tim Luke, Mark Poster
and any of us at UTA.

The course is formally scheduled to meet, during summer I, betw 10:30am and
12:30pm in University Hall 432.  I would imagine that we would tailor the
times and venues to our collective needs, probably moving the group to
various venues in the public sphere such as Coffee Haus, Mijo's, etc.

If you want to chat about the reading group/course, don't hesitate to call
or write me.

best,
ben agger