THEORYCENTER Archives

Center for Theory

THEORYCENTER@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
Ben Agger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Center for Theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:14:52 -0600
Happy new year to all.  I am pleased to announce that Stacy Alaimo will
present an informal colloquium on "The Naked Word:  The Intercorporeal
Ethics of the Protesting Body" in our ongoing colloquia series this spring.
(Women's Studies is co-sponsoring this talk.) Stacy's presentation will be
on Thursday, April 22nd (Earth Day), at 12:30pm in UH 213.  I will remind
you of this interesting event later in the spring.

If others of you want to give an informal talk before then, please let me
know.

On another front, the new electronic journal Fast Capitalism is progressing
well.  We have accepted our first refereed paper, on time, space and fast
society, and we are reviewing other submissions.  We are also designing the
journal's Web page, which will soon be found at www.uta.edu/fastcap.  I have
posted announcements of this new publication in various disciplinary
outlets, across the social sciences and humanities, and we have just been
offered free advertising space in the pulp journal (from Sage) called
European Journal of Social Theory.

More later.

Ben