THEORYCENTER Archives

Center for Theory

THEORYCENTER@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
Martin A Danahay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Center for Theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:24:20 -0500
In case you missed it, I just wanted to bring to your attention the article
that ran under the baove headline in the *New York Times* Saturday April 19,
p. A17.  Hightlight (or lowlight as you prefer) of the article: Stanley Fish
"I wish to deny the effectiveness of intellectual work. And especially, I
always wish to counsel people against the decision to go into the academy
because they hope to be effective beyond it."

So, Stanley admits he has no impact whatsoever on anything, which I find
personally very gratifying.

Martin