THEORYCENTER Archives

Center for Theory

THEORYCENTER@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
Ben Agger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Center for Theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:44:03 -0500
I have some news about Center for Theory and Fast Capitalism:

We are postponing Stacy Alaimo's April 22nd informal theory colloquium until
the fall semester.  We have also decided to postpone Doug Kellner and Tim
Luke's symposium on terrorism until the fall, when their visits will
coincide with the posting of the first number of Fast Capitalism and with
the Presidential election.  Funds to support the Luke/Kellner symposium are
being generously provided by the Dean of the School of Urban and Public
Affairs.

We continue to receive submissions to Fast Capitalism.  So far, two papers
have been accepted and others are in the process of review and
revision-and-resubmission.  Many of you at UTA have been involved in the
reviewing process, for which I am grateful.

I am very excited to announce that Fast Capitalism will be running a series
of interviews with three of the most important architects and theorists of
the New Left and SDS, Tom Hayden, Richard Flacks and Todd Gitlin.  These
interviews will deal with the general subject of "Port Huron at 40:  Looking
Back, Moving Forward."  Funds to support these interviews have been
generously provided by the Provost and the Vice-President for Research.

I will soon announce an end-of-semester general business meeting for Center
for Theory participants at which we can discuss plans and ideas for the
upcoming year.