THEORYCENTER Archives

Center for Theory

THEORYCENTER@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
Ben Agger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Center for Theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 14:42:11 -0600
This is a reminder that Martin Danahay will present on Matrix Reloaded this
coming Thursday at 12:30pm in UH213.

After his colloquium, you are invited to stay for another half hour or so to
discuss the possibility of starting an electronic journal (or forum) that
would bring visibility to the Center and provide a forum for position papers
and dialogue.  I and several others have been thinking and talking about
this.  I have in mind a journal/forum, bridging social sciences and
humanities, that would welcome writings on early-21st-century social issues,
especially the impact of information and communication technologies on self,
society and culture. Disciplinary and interdisciplinary work welcome.
Obscurantism to be avoided, and embrace of the eleventh thesis welcome.
Ideally, this electronic journal/forum would be affiliated to a publisher.
Please stay after Martin's talk and join our emerging discussion about this.

ben