THEORYCENTER Archives

Center for Theory

THEORYCENTER@LISTSERV.UTA.EDU

From:
"Agger, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Center for Theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2009 12:30:52 -0600
I am pleased to announce our spring series of Center for Theory colloquia, below.  They are a bit bunched together, but perhaps that will give us the advantages of momentum and intensity!  It was important for the colloquia not to conflict with the Inauguration, the Boston Marathon, or Opening Day.  Please mention these colloquia to your students (or, if you are students, to your friends and teachers).  See you then.

Jackie Stodnick, March 25, noon, in University Hall 418:  'Before and after theory: seeing through the body in early Medieval England'

Bob Young, April 15, noon, in University Hall 432:  'Romance, tragedy and America's occupation of Iraq:  a narrative analysis of Presidential and Congressional discourse'

Ritu Khanduri, April 29, noon, University Hall 432:  'The small question of visuality:  memory, history, and cartooning in India'

--ben agger