From:
Ben Agger [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 10:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Center for Theory rises from the ashes!

Let's reinvigorate the Center for Theory!  I'm proposing a meeting on Wednesday, February 26th, at noon in University Hall 213.  If you can't come, we'll send you a summary of the meeting.  In the meantime, feel free to send me/us ideas about what you want on our emerging agenda.

1.  For myself, I'd like to have some discussion about launching a speakers series, bringing in national and international people.

2. I 'd like the Center for Theory to play a more active role in graduate-student recruitment (so that we faculty have students with whom to work and so that our courses 'make'!)

3. We already have a Web page (www.uta.edu/center-for-theory/) and we could use someone to update and improve this.

4.  At the risk of utopianism that may be unjustified in these times, I'd really like to start a conversation about converting the Center for Theory into an academic home.

Also, please send me the names and e-mail addresses of faculty and grad students who may not know about this group because they are new to UTA so that I can include them on the Center's listserv and thus invite them to this meeting.

And please inform interested parties about this meeting and bring them along.

Best,

Ben Agger