From: Ben Agger [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 11:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: tentative 2003-04 Center for Theory speakers series

I am pleased to announce the following speakers in both our 2003-04 Center
for Theory outside speakers series and our CfT informal theory colloquia.

Outside Speakers:

As I indicated earlier, Doug Kellner (UCLA) will be visiting us during
September (probably mid-September).  The date and time of his presentation
are TBA.  Tim Luke (Virginia Tech) has agreed to visit and speak during the
spring semester, again date and time TBA.

Informal Theory Colloquia:

September 4th, 2003, Thursday, 12:30pm in University Hall 213:  Susan Hekman
will talk about identity politics.

October 2nd, 2003, Thursday, 12:30pm in UH213:  Debbie Reed-Danahay will
talk about Pierre Bourdieu.

November 11th, Thursday, 12:30pm in UH213:  Martin Danahay will talk about
the movie The Matrix and cultural studies.

If you want to present some of your work in the spring, please let me know.
We have three or four colloquia available for spring.  For these informal
theory colloquia, I have in mind a half-hour (or less) presentation,
followed by a half hour of informal discussion.

I am also pleased to announce that we have made a connection with theorists
and sociologists at TCU, who we cordially invite to attend and present at
our speakers series.

I will remind you of these dates late in the summer.

Ben