Attention applicants for OPT and those currently on OPT

Under the new F-1 regulations effective from January 1st, 2003, students must report address changes within 10 days.  This has been expanded to include students who have left the university and are currently on OPT.  This information must be transmitted by UTA to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), which now includes what was formerly INS,   by UTA through the new web-based system called SEVIS.  Schools are also required to report "changes in employment."  Reporting your address to DHS is a condition of maintaining status.  Failure to report address changes in the proper manner therefore, may jeopardize your work authorization.  Changes in address can be done on-line through the UTA website and need not be reported directly to the International Office.

Students currently on OPT

All students who are currently on OPT must be entered into the SEVIS system and issued a new SEVIS I-20 by August 1st, 2003.  In order to do this, we need to have students send us a photocopy of their current OPT card and a current US address.  If you have friends who have already graduated and have moved from UTA, please pass this message on to them.