The following classes will be offered between 04/01/07 and 04/30/07

PD-CONM200 - Conflict Management
Location:  Continuing Education Workforce Development Center, Room: E200
Dates:  Tuesday, Apr 3, 2007
Times:  9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Class Days:  Tuesday
Instructed by:  Sharon Walker, EAP
A basic introduction to managing conflict and improving skills to reduce conflict for win-win results, as presented by a licensed counselor from our EAP program. Learn how to diffuse conflict in the workplace and in our personal life. The skills learned in this session will empower you to handle crisis situations in a more effective manner.

ET-WORD2 - Word-Level 2
Location:  Continuing Education Workforce Development Center, Room: E200C
Dates:  Tuesday, Apr 3, 2007
Times:  2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Class Days:  Tuesday
Instructed by:  OIT Staff
Word Level II is a continuation of Word Level 1. More in-depth topics include: creating and modifying tables, columns, hyperlinks, comments, and lists; exploring using and modifying charts, clip art and word art; and learning about toolbar modifications and menu customization.

ET-ACCESSQU - Access-Queries
Location:  Continuing Education Workforce Development Center, Room: E200C
Dates:  Tuesday, Apr 10, 2007
Times:  2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Class Days:  Tuesday
Instructed by:  OIT Staff
Participants will learn how to create basic queries, queries based on set criteria, queries that prompt for user input, and sorting queries.

PD-NEO-003 - New Employee Orientation -
Location:  J.D. Wetsel, Room: 200
Dates:  Wednesday, Apr 11, 2007
Times:  8:00 AM - 12:15 PM
Class Days:  Wednesday
Instructed by:  Colin Sanor, Training Coordinator
This course is designed to acquaint new employees with UT Arlington's philosophy, mission, and goals. It also provides an overview of the structure, systems, and wonderful benefits. A Continental breakfast is provided.

ET-ACCESSRE - Access-Reports
Location:  Continuing Education Workforce Development Center, Room: E200C
Dates:  Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007
Times:  2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Class Days:  Tuesday
Instructed by:  OIT Staff
Participants will learn how to generate reports based on tables and queries, create a report and then customize it.

FE-CPRAEDH - AHA Heartsaver First Aid with CPR & AED
Location:  Environmental Health and Safety, 500 Summit Avenue, Room: Training Room
Dates:  Wednesday, Apr 18, 2007
Times:  9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Class Days:  Wednesday
Instructed by:  Sherrell Coleman, EH&S
The Heartsaver AED Course teaches the basic techniques of adult CPR and how to use an AED. Students also learn about using barrier devices in CPR and giving first aid for choking. The course teaches how to recognize the signs of four major emergencies: heart attack, stroke, cardiac arrest and foreign-body airway obstruction.

PD-CUST101 - Customer Service 101
Location:  Continuing Education Workforce Development Center, Room: E200F
Dates:  Friday, Apr 20, 2007
Times:  2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Class Days:  Friday
Instructed by:  Colin Sanor
Learn the techniques of outstanding customer service. This class will cover basic customer service skills including: handling difficult customers, making customers the first priority, and improving listening skills. This class is for anyone who wishes to serve their department's customers with excellence.

ET-WORDMM - Word-Mail Merge
Location:  Continuing Education Workforce Development Center, Room: E200C
Dates:  Tuesday, Apr 24, 2007
Times:  2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Class Days:  Tuesday
Instructed by:  OIT Staff
Participants will learn how to generate a mail merge. They will also learn how to merge data that resides in Word files, Access files, Excel files and Outlook Contact lists.

ADMPRO0404 - Administrative Professionals Day Event - Fun 'n' Fancy
Location:  University Center, Room: Palo Duro Lounge
Dates:  Wednesday, Apr 25, 2007
Times:  8:30 AM - 1:45 PM
Class Days:  Wednesday
This year's event will be Fun 'n' Fancy! Our Vendor Fair kicks off the event at 8:30 a.m. Next, learn a combination of three dances or be a part of our studio audience. Then, join us for lunch: we will have a fancy meal, a free 5 x 7 photo of you and your friends, and door prize giveaways. Our final session is to be announced. Please contact our office if you have dietary restrictions. Registration closes on April 10, 2007.
Enrollment Closing Date:  Tuesday, Apr 10, 2007

FE-WELLSS2 - Lunch-n-Learn: Supermarket Tips for Healthy Meals
Location:  Central Library, Room: 315a
Dates:  Wednesday, Apr 25, 2007
Times:  12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Class Days:  Wednesday
Instructed by:  Jennifer Pereira, Registered Dietician