Training/Staff Development Opportunities

SPOTLIGHT:
------------------
Certified Professional Secretary/Certified Administrative
Professional Exam Review Course

Are you interested in growing professionally! Then you just might be
interested in taking the Certified Professional Secretary or the
Certified Administrative Professional (CPS/CAP) exam in November,
2007. If the exam is the right step for your development, then you
need to join us for the pre-exam review sessions listed below. Even
if you are not planning to take the exam, this review courses will
offer you the opportunity to develop your skills as a professional.

What:  Three sessions of review for the CAP/CPS exam
Session I:	Office Administration
			Verbal & Written Communications
			Business Etiquette
			Records Management

Session II:	Management
			Human Resources Management
			Legal & Ethical Issues
			Accounting Procedures
			Time Management

Session III:	Advanced Organizational Management
			Organizational Planning
			Advanced Administration
			Team Skills
			Advanced Communication

When
Session I:	Aug. 2 through Sept. 13, 6-8 p.m. (Thursdays, 7 weeks)
Session II:	Sept. 20 through Nov. 1, 6-8 p.m. (Thursdays, 7 weeks)
Session III: Aug. 29 through Oct. 24, 6-8 p.m. (Wednesdays, 9 weeks)

Where: UT Arlington, Westel Service Center Building, 1225 W. Mitchell
St., Room 200

Cost:
Session I & II – IAAP Members & UT Arlington Staff - $35.00 per
session
Session III – IAAP Members & UT Arlington Staff -  $45.00

Participants must purchase their own books for each course.
Session I –CPS & CAP Examination Review for Office Administration, 5/e
SBN-13: 9780131145498 (Paper)
Session II – CPS & CAP Examination Review for Management, 5/e

ISBN-13: 9780131145504 (Paper)
Session III – CAP Examination Review for Advanced Organizational
Management, 1/e

ISBN-13:9780131193376 (Paper)

REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS AUGUST 27th
Contact Debbie Jordan, [log in to unmask] or Shawn DuMond@ [log in to unmask]