Training/Staff Development Opportunities
Training Calendar     Staff Development Home     Human Resources Home

SPOT LIGHT
Welcoming DiVerSity
This workshop is an experiential, interactive program designed to promote awareness and increased sensitivity to the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups in our society.  Done in an upbeat, hopeful tone, the program focuses on developing self-pride, examining stereotypes, and learning skills in responding to prejudicial jokes, remarks, and slurs. Participants will also discover how to be more attentive to diversity and racism in the workplace and community.

What: Welcoming Diversity
When: Thursday November 15th, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Where: S.W.E.E.T. Center, 406 Summit Ave.
Who: Eunice Currie and Shawn DuMond

Lunch will be provided. Please dress in comfortable/causal attire.

Here is what people are saying about the tools and insights from this diversity workshop:

"[Welcoming Diversity] is the most powerful tool for effectively removing the barriers to diversity in the workplace. The mission of government is to address the needs of the people and we cannot go forward as a nation until we learn to recognize and fully utilize the talent, creativity, and beauty of all of our people. NCBI is the best way that this government agency has found to deal positively with diversity issues."

-Rosemary Alexander, Executive Director of JobNet, Massachusetts Division of Employment and Training

"[Welcoming Diversity] work is making a profound difference in the urban life experience of the 90's in Chicago. The model takes people who are focused on turf issues and leads them towards a common goal."

-Clarence Wood, Chair, The City of Chicago Commission on Human Relations