Staff Development Opportunities (Registration/Training Calendar)   (Staff Development Home)   (Human Resources Home)

Note: Classes marked with an (8) are part of the CORE 8 program. Classes marked with an (AP) are part of the Indispensable Administrative Assistant program. Classes marked by a (T) are part of our Trailblazers: Pathways to Effective Supervision program.
Professional Telephone Techniques (8)

This course is a basic introduction to telephone etiquette and customer service skills.  Learn to develop and utilize listening and speaking skills for better communication between the customer and yourself.  Discover what to do and say when a phone call becomes difficult.

What: Professional Telephone Techniques
When: Tuesday May 27th, 2008, 9:00 am-11:00 am
Where: Wetsel Service Center room 200
Who: Shawn DuMond

A little effort and the right knowledge will go a long way in having a professional phone conversation.

Attitude: It Colors Everything  (AP)

With so many situations and circumstances out of control in and around us, it is comforting to know that there is one thing we can control our attitude. Maintaining a positive attitude in the face of difficulty as well and success makes a world of difference in how you function in your work place and how people interact with you.

What: Attitude: It Colors Everything
When: Thursday, May 29th, 2008 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center room 200
Who: Shawn DuMond

This class is designed to help you explore the tools necessary to having and maintaining the right attitude. In addition, we will discuss how to deal with those whose attitude is difficult to deal with.

Interested in Technical/Computer classes?

For a full up to date list of computer training classes or to register for a computer class, please visit the OIT Training website.

Contact Shawn DuMond by e-mail at [log in to unmask] or by phone at Ext: 2-5518 with your questions or comments.

OUR MISSION: "It is the purpose of the Staff Development Office of The University of Texas at Arlington to empower the employees of our University by providing educational opportunities in the areas of Professional Development, Personal Growth and Family Enrichment."