Maple Leaf

Staff Development Opportunities (Registration/Training Calendar)  (Staff Development Home)  (Human Resources Home)

December 2008

Note: Classes marked with an (8) are part of the CORE 8 program. Classes marked with an (AP) are part of the Indispensable Administrative Assistant program. Classes marked by a (T) are part of our Trailblazers: Pathways to Effective Supervision program.

Maverick 101: New Employee Orientation (8)

If you are new to UT Arlington or if you are an existing employee looking to reconnect with the pulse of the University, then I’ve got the class for you.

What: Maverick 101: New Employee Orientation
When: Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center Room 200
Who: Shawn DuMond and a host of key UT Arlington department leaders.

Come learn about the exciting happenings here at UT Arlington and hear from key departments that want to make your work and life easier and more fulfilling.

Professional Telephone Techniques (8)

This course is a basic introduction to telephone etiquette and customer service skills.  Learn to develop and utilize listening and speaking skills for better communication between the customer and yourself.  Discover what to do and say when a phone call becomes difficult.

What: Professional Telephone Techniques
When: Thursday, December 4th, 2008, 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center room 200
Who: Shawn DuMond

A little effort and the right knowledge will go a long way in having a professional phone conversation.

Grief Sensitivity for Supervisors (T)

There are many ways in which families, friends, co-workers, neighbors and professionals can be supportive of those who have suffered a loss. In this workshop we will point out how people grieve differently and present ways to assist them through this difficult time.

What: Grief Sensitivity for Supervisors
When: Tuesday, December 9th, 2008, 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center, room 200
Who: Shawn DuMond

This workshop will provide supervisors and managers the basic tools for helping grieving employees and present guidelines on how to deal with the different phases of grief in the workplace.

Get Organized: Keys to Everyday Office Success (8)

If your office is a mess and you are drowning in your to-do list, then this class is for you. Participants will learn how backlogs happen, how to manage paperwork, how to eliminate clutter, and discover the benefits of organization.

What: Get Organized: Keys to Everyday Office Success
When: Wednesday, December 10th, 2008, 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center Room 200
Who: Shawn DuMond

Now is the time and today is the day to get organized and stay organized. Only you can make it happen.

Customer Service 101 (8)

How can I best serve my customers? How do I deal with difficult customers? If you’re looking for answers to these questions then this is the class for you.

What: Customer Service 101
When: Tuesday, December 16th, 2008, 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center room 200
Who: Shawn DuMond

Come learn what it means to deliver knock-your-socks-off customer service.

Project Management (AP)

In today's time-based and cost-conscious global business environment, tight project deadlines and stringent expectations are the norm. This course will help participants gain an introduction to project management, along with essentials skills and techniques necessary for planning and executing projects on time, on budget, and with maximum efficiency and productivity.

What: Project Management
When: Thursday, December 18th, 2008, 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center Room 200
Who: Shawn DuMond

This course will help participants gain an introduction to project management, along with essentials skills and techniques necessary for planning and executing projects on time, on budget, and with maximum efficiency and productivity.

Interested in Technical/Computer classes?

For a full up to date list of computer training classes or to register for a computer class, please visit the OIT Training website.

http://www.uta.edu/oit/clientservices/training

Contact Shawn DuMond by e-mail at [log in to unmask] or by phone at Ext: 2-5518 with your questions or comments.

OUR MISSION: "It is the purpose of the Staff Development Office of The University of Texas at Arlington to empower the employees of our University by providing educational opportunities in the areas of Professional Development, Personal Growth and Family Enrichment."