[cid:image001.jpg@01C98D09.321133A0]<http://www.uta.edu/>

February 12, 2009

Dear Colleagues:

As you know, we’ve been working for more than 20 years to develop a special events center at The University of Texas at Arlington.  This is arguably one of the most anticipated projects in recent university history and represents a dream-come-true for so many people in our University community.

I’m pleased to report that The University of Texas System Board of Regents has given us the green light to move forward on this long-awaited facility.  This project is now well on the way to becoming a reality.

Later this year, we expect to break ground on a 190,000-square-foot facility that will be located at the northeast corner of campus, near the intersection of Center and Second Streets.  The 6,500-seat facility is projected to cost $73 million and is expected to open in spring 2012.

This special events center will enhance the quality of life for the University community by accommodating a wide variety of events including indoor sports, convocations, commencements, concerts, political debates, speakers, and conferences.  Additionally, the center will be in close proximity to downtown Arlington and is expected to lay the groundwork for expanded private development along the north and east edges of campus.

For more information about this facility, including conceptual renderings, please visit www.uta.edu/eventcenter<http://www.uta.edu/eventcenter>

This is an exciting time for our University, and I look forward to joining you one day very soon in our new special events center.  Thank you for your continued support of UT Arlington.

Sincerely,

James D. Spaniolo
President

Office of the President
817.272.2101 (voice) - 817.272.5656 (fax) - [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
300 Davis Hall · Box 19125 · Arlington, TX 76019-0125
The University of Texas at Arlington · www.uta.edu<http://www.uta.edu/>

[cid:image002.jpg@01C98D09.321133A0]<http://www.uta.edu/uta/gateway-features/archives/>

[cid:image003.jpg@01C98D09.321133A0]<http://www.uta.edu/>