Staff Development Opportunities(Registration/Training Calendar)
(Staff Development Home)  (Human Resources Home)

Next Week:

Note: Classes marked with an (8) are part of the CORE 8 program.
Classes marked with an (AP) are part of the Indispensable
Administrative Assistant program. Classes marked by a (T) are part of
our Trailblazers: Pathways to Effective Supervision program.

Fundamental Skills for Supervisor and Managers (T)

If you are a first time supervisor/manager looking for the key tools
for success in your new role or a longtime supervisor/manager, then
you don’t want to miss this opportunity to learn and grow. This course
deals with the essential skills and knowledge for all supervisors and
mangers.

What: Fundamental Skills for Supervisors/Managers
When: Tuesday, April 14th, 2009, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center - room 200
Who: Shawn DuMond

Participants will learn best practices for communication, coaching,
dealing with difficult employees, and performance enhancement.

AHA HeartSavers: First Aid with CPR and AED

Would you know what to do if someone around you was having a heart
attack?

What: AHA HeartSavers: First Aid with CPR and AED
When: Wednesday, April 15th, 2009, 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
Where: Environmental Health & Safety Building, 500 Summit Ave.
Who: Environmental Health and Safety Trainers

The skills you learn here could save a life. Participants will receive
CPR certification card.

Real Talk/Real Issues: Disability Etiquette 101:  Why is Disability
Part of our Diversity Today?

Viewing people with disabilities as a specific cultural group within a
diverse society is a new development in today’s society. This session
will explore historical disability references and current trends that
support the idea of disability as part of our diversity and how we can
use “disability etiquette” to help us be inclusive at UT Arlington!

What: Disability Etiquette 101:  Why is Disability Part of our
Diversity Today?
When: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center – room 200
Who: Dr. Dianne Hengst, Director/Office for Students with Disabilities
and ADA Coordinator for UT Arlington

Space is limited. Lunch will be served. Contact the Office of
Institutional Compliance at [log in to unmask] or 2-5100 with your
questions.

Professional Telephone Techniques (8)

This course is a basic introduction to telephone etiquette and
customer service skills.  Learn to develop and utilize listening and
speaking skills for better communication between the customer and
yourself.  Discover what to do and say when a phone call becomes
difficult.

What: Professional Telephone Techniques
When: Thursday, April 16th, 2009, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center - room 200
Who: Shawn DuMond

A little effort and the right knowledge will go a long way in having a
professional phone conversation.

Interested in Technical/Computer classes?

For a full up to date list of computer training classes or to register
for a computer class, please visit the OIT Training website.

http://www.uta.edu/oit/cs/training/index.php

Contact Shawn DuMond by e-mail at [log in to unmask] or by phone at Ext:
2-5518 with your questions or comments.

OUR MISSION: "It is the purpose of the Staff Development Office of The
University of Texas at Arlington to empower the employees of our
University by providing educational opportunities in the areas of
Professional Development, Personal Growth and Family Enrichment."