Staff Development Opportunities(Registration/Training Calendar)  (Staff Development Home)  (Human Resources Home)

Next Week

Note: Classes marked with an (8) are part of the CORE 8 program. Classes marked with an (AP) are part of the Indispensable Administrative Assistant program. Classes marked by a (T) are part of our Trailblazers: Pathways to Effective Supervision program.

Advance Supervisory Skills: Exercises in the Four Points of Supervision (T)

This course is a continuation of the discussion that for many began in our Fundamental Skills for Supervisors class. Participants will revisit the four points of supervisors and use role-play and dialogue to explore each point in depth.

What: Advanced Supervisory Skills
When: Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center Room 200
Who: Shawn DuMond

Participants will not have to have taken the Fundamental Skills for Supervisors to attend this course.

The Art of Listening  (AP)

Although most people believe they are good listeners, most people only really listen to a small portion of a conversation. If you have the desire to become a good listener, then this course if for you.

What: The Art of Listening
When: Thursday, May 14th, 2009, 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center Room 200
Who: Shawn DuMond

Participants will learn the basics of good listening as well as tips for identifying listening style and how get them most out of a face-to-face conversation.

Interested in Technical/Computer classes?

For a full up to date list of computer training classes or to register for a computer class, please visit the OIT Training website.

http://www.uta.edu/oit/cs/training/index.php

Contact Shawn DuMond by e-mail at [log in to unmask] or by phone at Ext: 2-5518 with your questions or comments.

OUR MISSION: "It is the purpose of the Staff Development Office of The University of Texas at Arlington to empower the employees of our University by providing educational opportunities in the areas of Professional Development, Personal Growth and Family Enrichment."