Staff Development Opportunities(Registration/Training Calendar)
(Staff Development Home)  (Human Resources Home)

Next Week:

Note: Classes marked with an (8) are part of the CORE 8 program.
Classes marked with an (AP) are part of the Indispensable
Administrative Assistant program. Classes marked by a (T) are part of
our Trailblazers: Pathways to Effective Supervision program.

CPR Anytime

Now everyone can learn the invaluable lifesaving skill of CPR anytime
anywhere in under 30 minutes. Teach your family and friends and learn
to save a life may be yours!

What: CPR Anytime
When: Tuesday, June 9th, 2009, 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center Room 200
Who: Rosa Newman

Each participant will receive a kit that includes a reduced-size
practice mannequin, a CPR Anytime Skills practice DVD, a CPR resource
booklet and other instructional accessories.

Leadership Skills for Supervisors (T)

This course is designed to provide supervisors with the information
that will help them to become effective leaders in the workplace. We
will explore different leadership styles on how to bring out the best
leader in you.

What: Leadership Skills for Supervisors
When: Wednesday, June 10th, 2009 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center Room 200
Who: Shawn DuMond

Let us help you unleash the leader in you.

Culture Share (Welcoming Diversity Series)

We know you are proud of who you are and where you come from. We want
to hear more about you. Join us for this one-hour session to learn
more about the culture and heritage of your fellow Mavericks.

What: Culture Share
When: Thursday, June 11th, 2009, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center room 200
Who: Eunice Currie and Shawn DuMond

Presenters will be selected before the class and will be those who
have already attended the Welcoming Diversity class.

Interested in Technical/Computer classes?

For a full up to date list of computer training classes or to register
for a computer class, please visit the OIT Training website.

http://www.uta.edu/oit/cs/training/index.php

Contact Shawn DuMond by e-mail at [log in to unmask] or by phone at Ext:
2-5518 with your questions or comments.

OUR MISSION: "It is the purpose of the Staff Development Office of The
University of Texas at Arlington to empower the employees of our
University by providing educational opportunities in the areas of
Professional Development, Personal Growth and Family Enrichment."