Staff Development Opportunities (Registration/Training Calendar)
(Staff Development Home)  (Human Resources Home)

Spotlight

Note: Classes marked with an (8) are part of the CORE 8 program.
Classes marked with an (AP) are part of the Indispensable
Administrative Assistant program. Classes marked by a (T) are part of
our Trailblazers: Pathways to Effective Supervision program.

Working and Leading with Emotional Intelligence

Recent studies indicate that emotional intelligence is a powerful key
to effective leadership. Our session will provide the knowledge and
practical emotional intelligence skills you need to ensure that you
are a strong, emotionally intelligent leader. You will learn how to
apply emotional intelligence to specific situations to gain the
authority and success you strive for as a leader.

What: Working and Leading with Emotional Intelligence
When: Thursday, September 10th, 2009, 2:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center, Room 200
Who:  Shawn DuMond

Please register in advance to receive the Emotional Intelligence
survey prior to the class. We will explore and discuss the survey
results in this session.

Interested in Technical/Computer classes?

For a full up to date list of computer training classes or to register
for a computer class, please visit the OIT Training website.

http://www.uta.edu/oit/cs/training/index.php

Contact Shawn DuMond by e-mail at [log in to unmask] or by phone at Ext:
2-5518 with your questions or comments.

OUR MISSION: "It is the purpose of the Staff Development Office of The
University of Texas at Arlington to empower the employees of our
University by providing educational opportunities in the areas of
Professional Development, Personal Growth and Family Enrichment."

If you would like to be removed from the training calendar list serve,
please contact  Shawn DuMond by email at [log in to unmask] Please do not