Maple Leaf

Staff Development Opportunities(Registration/Training Calendar)  (Staff Development Home)  (Human Resources Home)

Next Week

Note: Classes marked with an (8) are part of the CORE 8 program. Classes marked with an (AP) are part of the Indispensable Administrative Assistant program. Classes marked by a (T) are part of our Trailblazers: Pathways to Effective Supervision program.

Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for Supervisors (T)

Did you know that Supervisors can be the frontline champions in helping an employee achieve a work/life balance? You just need the right tools.

What: Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for Supervisors
When: Tuesday, September 8th, 2009, 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center Room 200
Who: Sandra Leal, LMSW, Alliance Work Partners

This information can mean the difference between helplessly watching one of your team members struggle through a crisis or connecting them with the tools that will help them overcome a difficult situation.

Powerful Proofreading Skills (AP)

You need more than “spell check” to produce quality letters or reports. This course is designed to identify the skills need to create and produce documents with accuracy and without error.

What: Powerful Proofreading Skills
When: Wednesday, September 9th, 2009, 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center Room 200
Who: Jake Allen

The techniques of this course will help you learn to handle projects as simple as a quick e-mail and as difficult as detailed technical reports.

Working and Leading with Emotional Intelligence

Recent studies indicate that emotional intelligence is a powerful key to effective leadership. Our session will provide the knowledge and practical emotional intelligence skills you need to ensure that you are a strong, emotionally intelligent leader. You will learn how to apply emotional intelligence to specific situations to gain the authority and success you strive for as a leader.

What: Working and Leading with Emotional Intelligence
When: Thursday, September 10th, 2009, 2:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center, Room 200
Who:  Shawn DuMond

Please register in advance to receive the Emotional Intelligence survey prior to the class. We will explore and discuss the survey results in this session.

Interested in Technical/Computer classes?

For a full up to date list of computer training classes or to register for a computer class, please visit the OIT Training website.

http://www.uta.edu/oit/cs/training/index.php

Contact Shawn DuMond by e-mail at [log in to unmask] or by phone at Ext: 2-5518 with your questions or comments.

OUR MISSION: "It is the purpose of the Staff Development Office of The University of Texas at Arlington to empower the employees of our University by providing educational opportunities in the areas of Professional Development, Personal Growth and Family Enrichment."