Staff Development Opportunities(Registration/Training Calendar)
(Staff Development Home)  (Human Resources Home)

Next Week

Note: Classes marked with an (8) are part of the CORE 8 program.
Classes marked with an (AP) are part of the Indispensable
Administrative Assistant program. Classes marked by a (T) are part of
our Trailblazers: Pathways to Effective Supervision program.

Culture Share (Welcoming Diversity)

We know you are proud of who you are and where you come from. We want
to hear your story. Join us for this one-hour session to learn more
about the culture and heritage of your fellow Mavericks.

What: Culture Share
When: Tuesday, September 29th, 2009, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center Room 200
Who: Eunice Currie and Shawn DuMond

Presenters will be selected before the class and will be those who
have already attended the Welcoming Diversity class.

Conducting Effective Meetings (AP)

There are very few people who actually like to sit in meetings.
However, meetings are a necessary part of organizational management.
This course is designed to explore the basic keys to conducting
effective meetings that will help your team get the right information
and then get the job done.

What: Effective Meeting Skills
When: Wednesday, September 30th, 2009, 2:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Where: Wetsel Service Center Room 200
Who: Jake Allen

Participants will learn how to plan and prepare for meetings and
uncover the elements that make a meeting a success.

Interested in Technical/Computer classes?

For a full up to date list of computer training classes or to register
for a computer class, please visit the OIT Training website.

http://www.uta.edu/oit/cs/training/index.php

Interested in meeting other administrative professionals across campus
and throughout the Metroplex?

Come see what the Arlington Golden Circle Chapter IAAP is all about.
Meetings take place right here on campus in the University Club on the
second Tuesday of every month.

Visit http://www.geocities.com/arlingtongoldencircle for meeting and
seminar details or contact Sherilyn Sicking CPS/CAP at [log in to unmask]
or 2-5426 with any questions you may have.

Contact Shawn DuMond by e-mail at [log in to unmask] or by phone at Ext:
2-5518 with your questions or comments.

OUR MISSION: "It is the purpose of the Staff Development Office of The
University of Texas at Arlington to empower the employees of our
University by providing educational opportunities in the areas of
Professional Development, Personal Growth and Family Enrichment."