Learning & Development Opportunities

[log in to unmask]&[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]&[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]&[log in to unmask]" alt="BigALogo">[log in to unmask]&[log in to unmask]" alt="campusscene61">

(Registration/Training Calendar)  (Learning and Development Home)  (Human Resources Home)

The Learning and Development Department wants to wish you a Happy Summer.  We are excited to announce that all of our summer and fall classes are on our Learning and Development Calendar and ready for you to sign up.

We have streamlined the time of when our classes are being offered.  Hopefully this will help you (and your supervisor) to plan time for you to attend some of our classes.  Check out below the times at which your program classes are taking place:

            Core Essentials (formerly Core 8) – Every Wednesday, 9am-11am and 2pm-4pm

            Administrative Professionals – 1st and 3rd Tuesday’s, 9am-11am

            Trailblazers: Pathway to Effective Supervision – 2nd and 4th Tuesday’s, 9am-11am

    Maverick 101-New Employee Orientation – 1st Wednesday, 8am-12pm (excluding June and July)

We are also pleased to announce that we will be providing our Welcoming Diversity Class on Friday, June 15.  Check out the information below.

Welcoming Diversity

This workshop is an experiential, interactive program designed to promote awareness and increased sensitivity to the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups in our society.  Done in an upbeat, hopeful tone, the program focuses on developing self-pride, examining stereotypes, and learning skills in responding to prejudicial jokes, remarks, and slurs. Participants will also discover how to be more attentive to diversity and racism in the workplace and community.

When: Friday, June 15th, 2012, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Where: Wetsel Service Center, Room 200

Who: Jeannie Deakyne, Rosa Newman, John Hillas

Please dress in comfortable/casual attire.

Sign up for the class here

Have new ideas of classes you are interested in attending in the Learning and Development Department? Contact us below and share your ideas.

Contact Jeannie Deakyne, Jake Allen, or Rosa Newman by e-mail [log in to unmask] or by phone at Ext: 2-5554 with your questions or comments.

OUR MISSION: The mission of the Office of Human Resources: Learning and Development is to provide quality training and development opportunities in the areas of Professional Development, Personal Growth, and Family Enrichment. We accomplish this through strategic planning and effective communication while welcoming diversity and building relationships.