From: Blake, Nicky [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:00 PM
To: Kunovich, Robert M
Subject: Paid Internship Opportunity for Students <could you pass this along?>

Hello UTA friends!

I hope you're having a great start to the semester!  I wanted to share a Teach For America announcement regarding a PAID SUMMER INTERNSHIP opportunity for your students.  The application deadline is coming up in about two weeks (Sunday, January 27, 2013), so if you could please share this with your students I would really appreciate it.  I've also attached the internship description as well. Thanks in advance!

Also, if you have any questions or want additional information please let me know.

Have a great day,
Nicky

*********************ANNOUNCEMENT*********************
PAID SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
<Great for underclassmen>

WHAT? This summer, Teach For America will run eleven institutes across the country to train our teachers and prepare them to assume full-time teaching responsibilities in the fall. Operation Coordinators will play an integral role in the daily operations of our program and are paid hourly. They also have room, board and some travel costs provided.

WHO? We are looking for highly organized, outstanding underclassmen to serve as operations coordinators (OCs) at each of the institutes. This role is specifically geared for sophomores or juniors.

HOW TO APPLY? In order to be considered for this position, you must submit an online application and complete the following three steps by Sunday, January 27, 2013:

1) Open the application

- Go to the institute page and select the city where you live to begin the application process: http://www.teachforamerica.org/join-our-staff/summer-institute-staff-opportunities/application-process-and-deadlines

- This will take you to the "Current Job Opportunities" page where you will scroll down and click on the "Operations Coordinator" position.

- This will open the job description. Hit "Apply Online" to begin your application.

- NOTE: In the "Attachments" portion of the application remember to attach the items listed below.

2) Upload your resume (maximum length one page).

3) Upload your cover letter (maximum length one page). Your cover letter should include answers to at least three of the following questions:

-Why are you applying to this specific institute position?

-What skills/expertise do you bring to this position?

-Write about a specific project you've worked on where you demonstrated leadership qualities.

4) Complete the operations coordinator applicant activity found at the link below, and follow the directions to add it to your application. (You will need to copy and paste the link into your browser):

https://sites.google.com/a/teachforamerica.org/applicant-activities/operations-coordinator

For more information, please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Good luck! www.teachforamerica.org<http://www.teachforamerica.org>

This communication and any file transmitted with it may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.

To subscribe to SOCI-L, send an electronic mail message to
[log in to unmask] In the body of the message type the
following:

subscribe soci-l your-full-name