If you are having problems viewing this email, see the Web version.

A Message from President James D. Spaniolo

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Remarkable Journey Together

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

President James D. Spaniolo

Commencement has always been such a special time for me — a shining moment in the lives of our students and their families. Several weeks ago, I was privileged to shake the hand of every single student who graduated — all 4,500 of our newest alumni.

I can’t think of a more fitting and symbolic way to conclude my time as president.

At the end of this week, I will step away from this post confident that The University of Texas at Arlington is in the most capable of hands. Dr. Vistasp Karbhari will lead our University with poise, distinction, and honor. We have been working closely to ensure a smooth transition, and I am impressed with the depth of his commitment to UT Arlington.

I am grateful for the sustaining support and friendship of the entire University community and am very optimistic about our future. These past nine years have been the high point of my professional life ... and I am so honored to have spent them with all of you.

First Class — who we are.

First Place — always our aspiration.

First Tier — our destiny.

My heart remains at UT Arlington.

Forever a Maverick,

James D. Spaniolo

Office of the President  ·  300 Davis Hall  ·  Box 19125  ·  Arlington, Texas 76019-0125

[log in to unmask]  ·  817-272-2101 (voice)  ·  817-272-5656 (fax)

University of Texas Arlington

Messages Archive

About James D. Spaniolo

Office of the President