Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.

Message from the President

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Support Our Maverick Teams!

Dear Alumni,

If it’s fall, that means sports! Our new athletics season is just beginning, and I’d like to encourage all of you to turn out with your friends and families and support our Mavericks. Mark your calendars and get your tickets now for great seats.

Alumni enthusiasm and support are crucial elements in the success of UT Arlington. There is no better way to express our spirit than by being a season ticket holder and attending competitions to cheer on our student-athletes. My wife, Lisa, and I have been delighted by the warm welcome we have received from the Maverick community, and we look forward to meeting even more alumni at upcoming games.

Our volleyball season kicks off this weekend at College Park Center. Our team takes on Abilene Christian on Friday night and then goes up against Grambling and Louisiana Tech on Saturday. Lisa and I will be there and hope to see, and meet, many of you there.

Our basketball season is just around the corner with the first men’s home game at College Park Center on November 12 (Samford) and the first women’s home game on November 14 (Incarnate Word). The Homecoming game and festivities are Friday, November 15. This promises to be a wonderful season, and both teams have set their sights high.

The best seats in the house at College Park Center are the Premium Seats for men’s and women’s basketball. Season price for the Courtside Seats is $500 each ($250 donation and $250 for the ticket). And season price for the Club Seats (Sections 102 and 109) is $300 each ($150 donation and $150 for the ticket). This is a great way to support teams by being up close where they can hear us cheer, and access to the Hospitality Suite is included in the purchase price. For more information or to purchase a Premium Seat, please contact Brian Lukas at 817-272-6319.

Regular season tickets for basketball will go on sale Monday, September 9. They are priced at $125 for sections 101, 103, 108, and 110 and $75 for sections 104 and 107. They can be purchased through utatickets.com.

Our men’s and women’s teams work and play hard to make us all proud. Let’s all show our support by turning out and cheering them to victory—continuing the wonderful sports legacy at UT Arlington!

Sincerely,

Vistasp M. Karbhari

Office of the President
300 Davis Hall, Box 19125
Arlington, Texas 76019-0125

817-272-2101 (voice)
817-272-5656 (fax)

Messages Archive   //   About Vistasp M. Karbhari   //   Office of the President

© 2013 The University of Texas at Arlington. All Rights Reserved.

UT Arlington logo