Update on the UT Arlington Alumni Association
Office of the President | UT Arlington

Dear Alumni Association Leaders:

There are some important updates we would like to share with you regarding the UT Arlington Alumni Association.

The University and the Alumni Association have enjoyed a strong relationship for many years — working together to build connections with our alumni. Part of this relationship has included the University generously providing human resources for the Alumni Association. For various organizational and administrative reasons, UT Arlington is no longer able to directly provide or manage the staff and other human resources for the Alumni Association. Monday, we met with the Alumni Association staff to discuss near-term options. We are pleased to report that all six staff members who were previously on the UT Arlington payroll are now employed by the Alumni Association.

Additionally, Lora Malone has ended her professional relationship as executive director of the Alumni Association. We thank her for her time and energy on behalf of the Alumni Association and wish her the best. Daniel Kauth '84, a former president of the Alumni Association National Board of Directors and a current board member, will serve as interim executive director.

In the meantime, the Alumni Association is "business as usual" on two rapidly approaching signature events — Oozeball and the Distinguished Alumni Gala.

This Friday, Oozeball, the 24-year-old campus-wide mud volleyball tournament, will attract more than 1,000 students. As planned, the Maverick Marauders, coordinated by Cody Meyers, assistant director for student programming and scholarship for the Alumni Association, and the Department of Campus Recreation will be overseeing this event.

On Saturday, October 19, we will honor seven of our finest alumni at the 48th Annual Distinguished Alumni Gala. We invite you to join us as we celebrate these highly accomplished alumni. As planned, Stephanie Thompson, associate director for the Alumni Association, will be overseeing this event.

The alumni of this University have always been, and will continue to be, a vital part of our University community. The University and the Alumni Association will continue to work together to create new opportunities and forge new relationships. We thank you for your support and patience during this time of transition.

Sincerely,

Vistasp M. Karbhari
President, The University of Texas at Arlington

Neer Patel
President, The University of Texas at Arlington Alumni Association

Office of the President • 300 Davis Hall • Box 19125 • Arlington, Texas 76019-0125

[log in to unmask] • 817-272-2101 (voice) • 817-272-5656 (fax)