Dear Sociology Students,
The American Sociological Association has developed a new undergraduate newsletter for those interested in Sociology (see below).  If you might be interested in receiving this free resource, please contact Pat Woodward by e-mail ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and send her your full name and e-mail address by Wednesday, December 3.  Thank you,
Bob Kunovich

New Resources for Undergraduate Students -  Eighty-six percent of the Chairs attending the ASA Chairs Conference in San Francisco said they would like ASA to develop new resources for supporting undergraduate students.  Responding to that request, we are about to launch the first issue of our undergraduate newsletter, The Independent Variable.  The first issue will be released mid-November, shortly after the release of the Fall issue of Contexts magazine.  If you would like your students to receive the first issue, please send us their names and emails!  We will only use the list for distributing The Independent Variable.  Students can unsubscribe at any time, and all emails will be deleted from our system on July 31, 2015 (the end of the Department Affiliate year).

Robert M. Kunovich
Associate Professor of Sociology and Distinguished Teaching Professor
Chair of the Department of Sociology and Anthropology
University of Texas at Arlington
Telephone: 817-272-2661

To subscribe to SOCI-L, send an electronic mail message to
[log in to unmask] In the body of the message type the
following:

subscribe soci-l your-full-name