If you're having trouble viewing this email, see the web version

Office of the President, UT Arlington

November 2, 2015

Homecoming 2015

Dear UTA Staff Members:

President and Mrs. Karbhari at the 2013 Homecoming parade

Homecoming 2015 is right around the corner, and I want to extend a personal invitation to you to help celebrate our Maverick spirit by attending several of the exciting events planned for November 7-14.

Please plan to join me Tuesday evening as we welcome Shark Tank’s Daymond John to College Park Center as part of the Maverick Speakers Series. We’ll enjoy the annual Homecoming Chili Cook-Off at noon Wednesday on the University Center Mall. On Thursday, we will celebrate the accomplishments of notable UTA alumni at our annual Distinguished Alumni Awards.

And, this year, we are doing something completely different: chartering buses and taking a road trip to Waco on Friday to see our Lady Mavs basketball team take on defending Big 12 champion Baylor in the preseason Women's National Invitational Tournament. We would love for you to join us in showing support for our student-athletes.

Saturday will be action-packed. We’ll start the day with our Homecoming Golf Tournament at Waterchase Golf Club, host a 5K Walk/Run on campus, and line the streets later that day for our Homecoming parade, pre-game festival, and pep rally. I am counting on you to help us fill College Park Center that evening to cheer on the men’s basketball team against Fordham.

UTA employees provide the human power driving so much of our University’s success. I can’t wait to see what will happen when we harness our collective energy to fill the stands with blue and orange and lift our teams to victory.

There is no better way to celebrate the school spirit that unites us all than by joining us for Homecoming 2015! I look forward to seeing you.

For a complete list of events and ticket information, visit the Homecoming website.

Go Mavericks!

Sincerely,

Vistasp M. KarbhariPresident

Vistasp M. Karbhari
President

-

Office of the President300 Davis Hall • Box 19125 • Arlington, Texas 76019-0125

[log in to unmask] • 817-272-2101 (voice) • 817-272-5656 (fax)