If you're having trouble viewing this email, see the web version

Office of the President, UT Arlington

November 9, 2015

Dear members of the Advisory Board and Friends:

It was a pleasure hosting you at UTA for the President’s Advisory Board meeting on October 9th. I recognize that some were unable to attend due to conflicts with other responsibilities and if we have not reached out to you already, my office will be contacting you to coordinate a date and time when I might visit or speak to you by phone to brief you and seek your continued advice and guidance. Let me thank each of you for your support and your service to the institution. Your engagement and guidance is critical to our continued rapid progress and our future as the model 21st century urban research university.

A number of you had requested the slides used in my presentation. There is now a narrated version posted online on a private page for your consideration, along with a brief message on what it means to “be a Maverick” today from our outstanding Student Congress President, Emmalie Moe.

Strategic plan presentation

I hope the presentation and the discussion that followed clearly reflected both the significant progress that has been made over the past two years and the input you have provided as we follow our aggressive Strategic Plan. This plan will lead us not just to Tier 1 status, but to being one of “the best of the best,” a thought leader and an institution that sets the standard for others to follow.

Our four specific short-term initiatives identified at the meeting are:

  • Scholarships to be able to attract the best and brightest to UTA
  • The new Student Career Center to help prepare the workforce of tomorrow
  • Our planned Science, Engineering Innovation and Research Building
  • Support to hire the best of the best faculty, researchers and leaders

These projects build on key themes of student success, finding solutions to the world’s issues, academic excellence and areas of greatest need. Vice President for Development Michael Kingan will follow up with you personally to seek your continued guidance and support in attaining these goals essential to achieving excellence.

Based on your input at the meeting we are redoubling our efforts, under the leadership of Vice President for Communications Lynne Waters, at communicating our message and achievements and she will also seek your input as we progress along this path.

I look forward to meeting you again in the near future, at events on campus, and at our next meeting. Until then, I would appreciate your continued guidance and support as we, together, enable ever-higher levels of excellence at UTA as it takes its place as the Model 21st Century Urban Research University.

Sincerely,

Vistasp M. KarbhariPresident

Vistasp M. Karbhari
President

-

Office of the President300 Davis Hall • Box 19125 • Arlington, Texas 76019-0125

[log in to unmask] • 817-272-2101 (voice) • 817-272-5656 (fax)