Dear Colleagues,

This week marks a year since Ben's passing. To commemorate Ben's work and life, Tim Luke and I are working on a special issue of FAST CAPITALISM dedicated to Ben. Please read the following CFP and consider submitting a piece. Feel free to let me know if you have any ideas that you'd like to share with me.

CALL FOR PAPERS

To commemorate the importance of Ben Agger, Professor
of Sociology, and Founding Editor of FAST CAPITALISM,
we are accepting analytical, critical, historical or theoretical
articles about the life and work of Ben Agger to publish in a
special issue of FAST CAPITALISM  in the coming months.
Ben was an influential sociologist, dynamic teacher, and
trail-blazing intellectual whose impact on the social sciences,
neo-Marxism, cyberculture studies, sociology, and cultural
studies is well-worth exploring in depth.  His work on
public sociology, fast capitalism, social ontology, cultural
studies, and higher education continues to be very important, and we
hope to provide a "go-to" definitive, first source for those
who remain intrigued by his work now and in the future
with this special issue.

In addition to these contributions, we also are interested in
receiving briefer personal reflections about Ben as a colleague,
friend, mentor, teacher or writer.  Please submit your contributions
to Tim Luke <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> and David Arditi <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
as well as any questions that you might have about participating
in this project.   We will accept contributions through November
15, 2016, but we welcome early submissions this Summer.

Best,
David

David Arditi, PhD
Assistant Professor of Sociology