Greetings Colleagues,

Hope you are settling into break! I’m excited to announce that Dr. Mark Worrell, Professor of Sociology at SUNY Cortland, will be visiting campus to speak at the Center for Theory colloquium on April 5, 2017. He is Associate Editor of Critical Sociology, and his research takes a critical approach in the Frankfurt School tradition. Please mark your calendars for his talk.

Additionally, Jackie Faye will present at the Colloquium on February 8, 2017. Several other people have expressed interest in presenting for this Spring, but have not set concrete dates. Please contact me if you are interested in presenting at the Colloquium. We can have them most days, but my preference is Noon on Wednesdays. Two more presenters would be ideal.

Finally, Modern Languages is holding a conference in the Spring (April 10 & 11) called “Culture and Society: Bridging the Gap.” Take a look at the attached CFP and feel free to submit – it looks like a great conference here at UTA.

Happy Break!

David

David Arditi, PhD

Assistant Professor of Sociology

Director – Center for Theory

University of Texas Arlington

Author of iTake Over: The Recording Industry in the Digital Era