MSMR Students, Alumni, and Friends,

It is with great sadness that I am emailing to inform you that one of our students, Stacy Akinyemi, passed away as a result of injuries sustained in a car accident on Sunday evening.  Stacy was in her third semester at UTA and her second semester in the MSMR program.  She was pursuing an MBA/MSMR dual degree while working full-time in a marketing position.  Those who knew her would tell you that she had an outsized personality and a smile that could light up any room.  She wasn't shy about meeting people or taking on challenges, and I will certainly miss her.  Tragic is the word that sticks in my mind.

I have not been informed about services, but I will share any information I receive in case others are interested in attending or sending their condolences.

Current Students, please know that my door is open to you at any time if you would like to speak with me about Stacy or anything else.  UT Arlington offers counseling services that can be very helpful in such matters; I would be happy to connect you with that office if you would like.  You only need to reach out to me.

I am grateful for your collective involvement in the MSMR program.  If I have not said it recently, often enough, or in the right words, I appreciate you.

Respectfully,

SCOTT HANSON, PhD  Program Director, MS in Marketing Research

The University of Texas at Arlington

Box 19469, 701 S. West Street, Arlington, TX  76019-0469

O: 817.272.2340   M: 817.994.6985

http://wweb.uta.edu/marketing/msmr.html