Hi Colleagues,

Hope everyone is surviving the end of the semester push. A couple of quick notes for the Center for Theory.

First, thank you to everyone who came to Michael Palm’s colloquium. We had a great turnout, and I was happy to see a lot of new faces.

Second, next Wednesday, May 2, is the final Colloquium of the year. Dr. Estee Beck, Assistant Professor of English, will present “Weapons of Mass Surveillance: The Manipulation of Facebook during the Presidential Election.” The talk will be at noon in 432 University Hall. Please spread the word, the flyer is attached.

Third, the Center for Theory’s library is coming along. We now have over 40 books. Our next step is to find a space. Please consider donating books (both ones you have written and ones you have duplicate copies).

Finally, I am beginning to think about next year’s colloquium. If you would like to present or have suggestions for presenters (internal and external), please don’t hesitate to suggest them to me.

Thank you,

David

David Arditi

Assistant Professor of Sociology

Director – Center for Theory

University of Texas at Arlington

Author of iTake-Over: The Recording Industry in the Digital Era